Wednesday, July 16, 2008

The Australian Customs is very strict in allowing access and entrance of any items, goods and even people crossing the Australia’s border. Just before arrival in Australia, you will be given an Incoming Passenger Card for you to declare any prohibited or restricted items or goods that you bring along. Failure to do so would result in severe penalties which includes fines in term of cash, cancellation of your travel visa and the worst part is you will not allowed to enter Australia for the next 3 years.

I’ve been traveling in and out of Australia for quite sometimes and when I get the chance to spend my summer holiday in Malaysia, I would bring in a lot of local food supplies when I return to Australia. Here are some of the foods that I managed to bring in successfully and enjoyed eating in my own sweet times.

Top 10 Cooked Food allowed to be brought from Malaysia to South Australia
(in no particular order)

  1. Chocolate Cake
  2. Tat Nenas
  3. Kuih Bahulu
  4. Kuih Siput
  5. Kuih Sepit
  6. Kuih Sarang Semut
  7. Serunding Ikan / Udang
  8. Sambal Ikan Bilis
  9. Dodol Fauziah Karim.
  10. Keropok Lekor

Try at your own risk. I’ve tried multiple times, and up until today, it works!

No comments: